Scottish Waterways Trust
Delivering learning in any environment
This solution shows how learning technologies make anytime, anywhere learning a reality, helping learners take charge of their own learning and develop new skills.
Scottish Waterways Trust (SWT) is an independent registered charity that helps young people gain the skills and confidence to find work; bring vibrancy, life and opportunities to some of the nation’s most disadvantaged communities; encourage people to get active and improve their health and mental wellbeing; and safeguard and improve the rich heritage and environments of Scotland’s canals.
canal college® want accessible technologies that facilitate learning wherever their skills development activities are taking place. They wanted to underpin learning with a technology solution that is accessible on demand across a mobile platform and desktop application. They also wanted to make it easy for tutors and assessors to carry out their tasks and for administration to be straightforward.
- The customised learning platform and app demonstrates how effective mobile technologies can be for delivering learning in any environment
- Anywhere learning is now a reality for canal college® students
- Tutors and Assessors administration tasks are easy and straightforward.
- The self-directed approach to learning helps participants work towards a Saltire Award, John Muir Award, Heritage Heroes Award and SQA Level 5 Unit in Working Safely
- Future developments will see the awards provided as digital badges via the mobile app