“A meta-skill is a high order skill that allows you to engage with functional expertise more effectively. It’s a catalyst for learning and building new skills faster.”
- Gustavo Razzetti
Get in touch to learn more about how we can help you deliver meta-skills courses in your organisation.
Is your organisation a candidate for a meta-skills solution?
- Does your organisational message of integrity, self-awareness, ethics, and self-control resonate?
- Are people in your organisation able to focus, avoid distractions, filter information effectively, and pay attention?
- Does your organisation have courage and an entrepreneurial spirit?
- Are your teams open to new ideas, and are they adaptable and resilient?
- Would you characterise your organisation as having independent thinkers and effective decision-makers?
- Could your people be better at receiving information, and are they good at listening and giving information?
- Are you satisfied that everyone in your organisation has empathy and social conscience consistent with your organisational values and vision?
- Are your people good at relationship-building, trust-building, teamwork, collaboration, and social perceptiveness?
- Are you leaders good at inspiring, influencing, motivating, and developing others?
- Does your organisation have the freedom, aptitude, and ability to ignite change?
According to Skills Development Scotland “Meta-skills are timeless, higher order and truly human skills in self-management, social intelligence, and innovation.” While the shelf-life of technical skills is becoming increasingly shorter, meta-skills persist regardless of the context in which they are used. For example, being a great negotiator will always be useful regardless of the context. Most functional skills are temporary while meta-skills are permanent.
The World Economic Forum states that ‘To thrive in today’s innovation-driven economy, workers need a different mix of skills than in the past. They need competencies like collaboration, creativity and problem-solving, and character qualities like persistence, curiosity, and initiative.’ Many see meta-skills as critical to their organisational competitiveness and success while others see them as a crucial component of their national economies.
Solutions from eCom and OpenSesame
eCom and OpenSesame can help your workforce develop meta-skills whether you’re training seasoned executives, new supervisors, preparing employees for a management role, developing your sales staff, and many other scenarios. With over 20,000 eLearning courses from top publishers, and cloud-based services like eNetLearn, eNetAssess, and eNetBadges to deliver them, the eCom curated solution represents a rapidly-deployable, evidence-based digital learning solution suitable for:
- Supervisors, managers, and organisational leaders
- Sales, marketing, and business development professionals
- Accountants, financial, and legal professionals
- Healthcare, social, and charitable workers
- Government, public, and private sector professionals
- Teachers, Instructors and trainers
- Many more
We don’t just offer eLearning courses. We help you choose the best courses for your organisation based on an analysis of your preferences, your learners, and your organisational challenges and goals. We’re here from the first time you start with us and on an ongoing basis as your needs change.