The Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
Accessible eLearning for Staff, Customers and Stakeholders
This accessible learning platform and series of eLearning modules applies the latest in accessibility best practice and ensures equity in learning experience for all learners.
The Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) is a charitable organisation which supports people affected by sight loss. In addition to employee training they offer training for businesses and professionals working in care, education and employment, to help them be responsive to the needs of the blind and partially sighted.
RNIB wanted to incorporate new learning technologies to make their training more flexible and better meet the needs of staff, clients and the wider public. They were keen to explore how learning technologies could help RNIB reach a wider audience, make their training content more interactive and provide better tracking and recording of learner progress. All elements had to meet RNIB’s high accessibility standards to ensure the learning is equally accessible to all.
- Consultation to develop appropriate learning strategy and creation of RNIB Learning Choices concept
- Bespoke cloud learning management system, enabling access to eLearning from RNIB’s website
- Series of accessible and interactive eLearning modules
- Cost-effective commercial offering for RNIB's business solutions team
- Achievement of AA or AAA standard of accessibility throughout, based on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Partnership of learning technology specialists and accessibility experts, pushing the boundaries of online learning for the blind and partially sighted
The mutually beneficial partnership between eCom and RNIB has enabled us to pool our combined expertise; to learn and support one another to achieve our aim of creating accessible eLearning.
RNIB Learning Choices
Are you a charity in the third sector? We’d love to work with you!
Call us today! 01383 630032 or Enquire Now.